Book for sale
To purchase the book ‘Walking the Rivelin’ please contact Graham Roe 0114 266 5473, email@example.com or purchase online via the paypal links below. The book is available from any committee member, also at open meetings and in the valley on Task Team days.
6th Edition! – Book – Walking the Rivelin
The River Rivelin rises on the eastern border of the Peak District National Park and flows north-eastwards to the outskirts of Sheffield at Malin Bridge. The three-mile stretch of the lower Rivelin valley had 20 watermills and 21 mill dams, possibly the greatest number over that distance in the country. From the 16th to 20th centuries these watermills supported industries ranging from cutlery grinding workshops and metal forges to paper mills and corn mills. Now largely wooded, paths beside the fast-flowing river provide access to see the varied wildlife and historical remains of the valley. This book combines a trail guide with a wealth of information about the lower Rivelin valley. It is richly-illustrated with old photographs and maps showing what the valley was like in the past.
Cost – £ 7.95 + £ 2.05 postage and packaging (total £10)
Please note – overseas post will cost £4 regardless of country posting to.
It is also possible to purchase a copy of the book “Walking the Rivelin” at:
- Beeches of Walkley (290 South Road, Walkley, Sheffield, S6 3TE)
- The Famous Sheffield Shop (475 Ecclesall Rd, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S11 8PP)
- GT News – Crosspool (21 Sandygate Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S10 5NG)
- Flask End Post Office / cafe, Low Bradfield (Flaskend, Woodfall House, Woodfall Lane, Low Bradfield, Sheffield S6 6LA)
- Broomhill Post Office (273 Fulwood Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S10 3BD)
- Space 205, 205 Crookes, Sheffield S10 1TE
- The Schoolrooms, Mill Lee Road, Low Bradfield, Sheffield, S6 6LB
- Walkley Library, 403 South Rd, Sheffield S6 3TD
- Valleyside Garden Centre, Manchester Rd, Sheffield S10 5PW