Rivelin Valley Conservation Group and Ruskin In Sheffield Logo Nether Cut Wheel

Rivelin Valley Conservation Group and Ruskin in Sheffield

Introduction

Nether Cut Wheel dates from around 1719, but was completely rebuilt after about 60 years. It was used for cutlery and scythe grinding, which continued until at least 1939. It was the last mill in the valley to be worked by waterwheel. The building was demolished as late as 1956 – all traces of it have been removed but the large mill dam has been preserved for fishing

The site of Nether Cut Wheel

The site of Nether Cut Wheel. [Photo: Sue Shaw, June 2015]


Other Mills
RVCG website
Ruskin in Sheffield