Rivelin Valley Conservation Group and Ruskin in Sheffield
Dating from around 1600, Rivelin Corn Mill was one of the earliest in the valley to be built and was always used for the grinding of corn. It had fallen into disrepair by 1709 but was rebuilt again around 1711. By 1830, there were two waterwheels and six pairs of millstones, but in summer there was often only sufficient water to grind corn for only four hours a day. It remained working until the 1920s and was demolished in the 1950s. Following the collapse of the mill dam wall in 2001, the long, narrow mill dam was reconfigured to leave two ponds separated by a meadow.
A pond-dipping platform and outdoor classroom were installed to facilitate educational visits.